Friday September 16, 2016
Riffed from the headlines 17/09/2016
more stories from this episode
- Conservative Charlie Sykes on Trump and how the American right lost its way
- Facing the Change: How extreme weather is already putting Toronto residents at risk
- Toronto to Montreal in less than 30 minutes? How a Canadian company plans to make it happen
- Does the Polaris Music Prize matter?
- Could China become a hockey powerhouse?
- Riffed from the headlines 17/09/2016
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from our very own Brent Bambury.
Last week's clues were Sir Elton John with with "Where To Now St Peter", The Mutton Birds with "Anchor Me" and The Nation - big hint there - with "29 Years."
Alice Nimmo of Camrose, Alberta, correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Peter Mansbridge's announcement that he'll be retiring from hosting The National as of July 1st.
Congratulations Alice! A Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue above and email us your answer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.