Friday February 19, 2016
Should I Read It? The Life of Elves + giveaway
more stories from this episode
- Apple encryption showdown: Has the US government overstepped its boundaries?
- Canada's plan to back Kurdish fighters against ISIS could have unintended consequences
- Should I Read It? The Life of Elves + giveaway
- Unmasking the bear in The Revenant: Meet the stuntman who mauled Leonardo DiCaprio
- Could hacking pacemakers and other medical devices be a 2016 cyber trend?
- Riffed from the headlines 20/02/2016
- Full Episode
When it came out in English in 2008, French author Muriel Barbery's novel, The Elegance of the Hedgehog was a word-of-mouth bestseller.
It sold 6 million copies, and quickly became a book club favourite. Now, her long-awaited new novel is on Canadian bookshelves. Already a success in France, The Life of Elves is a fantasy story about parallel human and elf worlds. At the centre of the story are two talented young girls who get caught up in a war between the forces of good and evil. It's chock full of magic, nature, and fantastical imagery.So, should you read it? Day 6 books columnist Becky Toyne weighs in.
And for all of you fantasy lovers out there, we're giving away two copies of Muriel Barbery's new novel, The Life of Elves. Send us an email at email@example.com with the subject line "Elves", include your name and mailing address -- and tell us why the fantasy genre appeals to you.