Friday January 22, 2016
Cauliflower's rise and fall
more stories from this episode
- School shooting in La Loche leaves a community reeling
- Surging Trump and Sanders fuelled by similar fears and anxieties
- Political fallout from the Litvinenko Inquiry
- Cauliflower's rise and fall
- Should athletes be paid to play fair?
- The European Space Agency wants to build a village on the moon
- The X-Files as a TV game changer
- Riffed from the headlines 23/01/2016
- Full Episode
A shortage of cauliflower saw the trendy vegetable's price in Canada soaring in recent weeks. This week, the story made headlines everywhere from the Globe and Mail to the New York Times, before the prices came back down. For a field-to-table look at the great cauliflower crisis of 2016, Day 6 checked in with our food columnist David Sax, author of The Tastemakers, Paul Luksha of Hillside Gardens, Anthony Rose, owner of Fat Pasha and many other Toronto restaurants, and Mike Von Massow of the University of Guelph, co-author of the Food Institute's Food Prices Report 2016.