Sunday February 14, 2016
Does online dating make it easier to find a compatible partner?
Finding a perfect mate online can be click and miss. But studies suggest that a match made there is more likely to last than the old fashioned way. What do you think? With guest host Suhana Meharchand.
More from this episode
It may be freezing across much of the country but we've got a show that will warm your heart—love can do that. This episode revolves around the stories of the search for romance.
Great cynic, Oscar Wilde said, "Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. And second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience." But the truth is that many, if not most of us spend our lives either looking for or living with (some would say settling for) a life partner.
The Internet has certainly changed the way many of us look for and find our romantic others. Some studies even suggest relationships that begin online are more stable than those that start in a more traditional way, like meeting through friends, at a party, or in a bar.
Some research into online dating suggests younger people still defer commitment, much as they always have. While older people are quicker at making good matches online and getting married.
Our question: Is online dating the best way to find a mate?
Professor of economics at the University of British Colombia. Dr. Adshade's first book, Dollars and Sex: How Economics Influences Sex and Love, was published in the Spring of 2013.
Professor in the Department of Communication at Stanford University.
Professor of psychology at the University of Manitoba
Journalist and novelist, author of Hope Makes Love
- Online dating: Avoid the pitfalls, from pricey matchmakers to scammers
- Online dating screen-name success down to a science
- Online dating assistants are ghostwriting Tinder profiles
- Using Tinder in Yellowknife is daunting for daters
- Is online dating bad for commitment?
- Online dating for seniors
- Online dating: then and now
- Saskatoon internet dating success story offers advice before Valentine's Day
- 5 Dating Tips from Aziz Ansari's book Modern Romance
- Online dating while gay and aboriginal
- Vancouver matchmaking app doesn't need you
- Winnipeg matchmaker helps baby boomers find love with personal dating service
- A Million First Dates- How online dating is threatening monogamy
- Marry Him!
- Using the Internet as Matchmaker: The Drawbacks to Online Dating