Thursday July 14, 2016
Epic summer reading: a 1000-page novel by an obscure 18th century writer
more stories from this episode
- The story behind Alx Veliz's hit single, 'Dancing Kizomba'
- Our Olympians | Lynda Kiejko goes from coaching her sister for 2012 Olympics to competing in Rio
- Fashion Flashback: Historian Jonathan Walford explains what's behind fashion nostalgia
- Epic summer reading: a 1000-page novel by an obscure 18th century writer
- Tunes from this episode
- Full Episode
Laura Frey's idea of summer reading isn't a fluffy beach book, but a meaty classic that she can really dig her teeth into.
Laura's asking you to join her on her blog's read-along.
Laura is also only reading women authors in 2016. Here are top three books so far this year:
- The Diviners by Margaret Laurence
- Birdie by Tracey Lindberg
- Cat's Eye by Margaret Atwood