March 26 2007
- Early results put Liberals ahead in Quebec race
- The Parti Québécois and Jean Charest's Liberals jostled for seats shortly after polls closed in the Quebec election Monday.
- 2007/03/26 08:35:25 PM
- Behind the ballot: ridings to watch
- This Quebec election campaign has shaped up to be one of the closest races in recent provincial history, with no party claiming a significant lead after the polls opened Monday.
- 2007/03/26 05:48:50 PM
- Boisclair holds his riding
- Parti Québécois Leader André Boisclair has been re-elected in his Montreal-area riding of Pointe-aux-Trembles.
- 2007/03/26 09:31:30 PM
- ADQ grabs 2 seats in Eastern Townships
- The Action Démocratique du Québec grabbed two seats, Shefford and Johnson, in the Eastern Townships on Monday night.
- 2007/03/26 10:36:33 PM
- Greater Montreal sees surprise gains for ADQ
- In Greater Montreal, an area typically evenly divided between the Liberals and the Parti Québécois, the Action Démocratique du Québec unexpectedly surged beyond both in 13 ridings, winning them for the first time.
- 2007/03/26 08:57:08 PM
- Liberals lose 3 Saguenay seats
- The Action Démocratique du Québec and Parti Québécois together picked up three former Liberal seats in the Lac-Saint-Jean-Saguenay region in Monday's provincial election.
- 2007/03/27 12:34:32 AM
- ADQ shines in Quebec City
- If Action Démocratique du Québec Leader Mario Dumont was the star in this provincial election campaign, his stage was the greater Quebec City region, where he found fertile ground for his right-wing policies.
- 2007/03/26 09:46:50 PM
- Liberal Premier Charest holds on to Sherbrooke seat
- Liberal Leader Jean Charest managed to hold on to his seat in the Eastern Townships' Sherbrooke riding after a difficult provincial election campaign.
- 2007/03/26 10:39:10 PM
- ADQ leader Dumont re-elected
- It came as no surprise — Action Démocratique du Québec leader Mario Dumont won his eastern Quebec seat for the fourth straight time.
- 2007/03/26 08:57:08 PM
- Liberals take Outaouais again
- The Liberals again took the five ridings in federalist western Quebec that make up the Outaouais.
- 2007/03/26 09:15:40 PM
- ADQ becomes Quebec's Official Opposition
- The Action Démocratique du Québec captured 41 seats in Quebec's national assembly, and with them the title of Official Opposition.
- 2007/03/26 08:51:35 PM
- Charest keeps seat as Liberals cling to power in Quebec
- Quebecers are waking up to a minority Liberal government — the first minority in the province in 130 years — and a new official Opposition.
- 2007/03/26 09:02:10 PM
- PQ humbled, finishes 3rd
- Parti Québécois Leader André Boisclair told supporters it was their duty to keep the sovereigntist dream alive, even as the party suffered a disastrous loss of its Opposition status to the Action démocratique du Québéc in Monday's election.
- 2007/03/26 10:28:00 PM
March 25 2007
- PQ victory will divide Quebec again, Charest warns
- The choice facing Quebecers in Monday's provincial election is a stark and familiar one, according to Premier Jean Charest: unity or the division of another referendum.
- 2007/03/25 07:09:50 PM
- Minority government looms in Quebec
- Quebec faces the real possibility of a minority government for the first time in more than a century, as the province's main political parties remain locked in a virtual tie as voters head to the polls on Monday.
- 2007/03/25 06:37:25 PM
- Polls closed, counting underway in Quebec election
- Polls have closed in the Quebec election, and the counting begins in what could be the closest race in the province in more than a century.
- 2007/03/26 06:21:50 AM
- 4 ministers ousted in Quebec race
- Four cabinet ministers fell as Quebec elected its first minority government since 1878.
- 2007/03/26 07:59:50 PM
March 14 2007
- Després won't resign despite Dumont's urging
- Quebec Transport Minister Michel Després is refusing to quit after he was accused of neglecting a decayed Laval overpass that collapsed last fall, killing five people.
- 2007/03/14 12:03:06 PM
March 13 2007
- Quebec health minister defends Paradis
- Quebec Health Minister Phillip Couillard is standing by prominent provincial Liberal candidate Pierre Paradis after Paradis said the government is exaggerating its improvements to the health care system.
- 2007/03/13 03:53:16 PM
- Quebec leaders gear up for debate in French
- The leaders of Quebec's main political parties will fight to stand out among their rivals Tuesday night during a televised debate in French that is being billed as a possible turning point in the tight three-way race.
- 2007/03/13 07:36:55 AM
- Dumont under attack in Que. leaders' debate
- Sparks flew as Quebec's three leaders squared off Tuesday night in a nationally televised debate highlighting sovereignty, health-care and economic issues during the campaign for the March 26 election.
- 2007/03/13 09:18:18 PM
March 9 2007
- Charest cautions the West Island about ADQ
- Jean Charest reached out to voters in the Liberal-friendly West Island Thursday night where he told supporters he was the best man to defend Quebec's anglophone institutions.
- 2007/03/09 10:12:27 AM
March 7 2007
- Saguenay shock jock yanked from airwaves
- A Saguenay radio host who created a firestorm by suggesting local factory workers would never vote for a gay candidate has been pulled from the airwaves.
- 2007/03/07 10:43:46 AM
- Quebec should boost green technologies: Dumont
- Quebec should do more to foster home-grown green technologies to fight climate change, ADQ Leader Mario Dumont says.
- 2007/03/07 06:22:34 PM
- Partition splits Quebec leaders
- Quebec cannot be carved up, even if sovereigntists eventually win a referendum, Liberal Leader Jean Charest says.
- 2007/03/07 09:58:07 AM
March 6 2007
- Québec Solidaire wants to fight homophobia
- Québec Solidaire is proposing a provincial plan to fight homophobia, a form of prejudice the party says should be a top priority for the next government.
- 2007/03/06 01:08:59 PM
- Charest attacks ADQ and parries too
- On his first campaign visit to the Outaouais, Liberal Leader Jean Charest defended comments about health care made by one of his own candidates and repeatedly attacked the Action Démocratique du Québec.
- 2007/03/06 02:19:35 PM
March 5 2007
- Charest sees eventual end to forestry crisis
- Liberal Leader Jean Charest said he's optimistic the province's forestry sector will regain its footing with the province's help.
- 2007/03/05 04:59:55 PM
- Dumont on the hot seat
- The leader of Action démocratique du Québec has been putting pressure on Quebec's traditional powerhouse parties, but now his political opponents and journalists are returning the favour.
- 2007/03/05 05:14:23 PM
March 4 2007
- Dumont a 'merchant' of federalist dreams: Boisclair
- Mario Dumont is a "merchant of dreams" selling the ADQ illusion of Quebec autonomy within Canada while Jean Charest, the Liberal premier, doesn't even try to get more power for the Quebec, PQ Leader André Boisclair says.
- 2007/03/04 05:52:17 PM
March 2 2007
- PQ to blame for crowded ERs: Charest
- Liberal Leader Jean Charest appealed to Quebec voters Thursday to give his government another mandate so it can tackle overcrowding in hospital emergency rooms.
- 2007/03/02 10:55:50 AM
- Homophobia 'unacceptable' in election campaign: Charest
- Liberal Leader Jean Charest condemned homophobic remarks made at PQ Leader André Boisclair's expense, and called on everyone involved in the election to avoid attacks on candidates' personal lives.
- 2007/03/02 02:56:32 PM
March 1 2007
- Quebec campaign TV ads come in two flavours
- The Quebec Liberals and the Parti Québécois launched their French-language television ads Thursday that reveal radically different strategies for the warring parties.
- 2007/03/01 09:41:24 AM
- Boisclair responds to homophobic slurs
- Parti Québécois Leader André Boisclair was forced to address his homosexuality for the first time in the provincial election campaign on Thursday.
- 2007/03/01 01:51:52 PM
February 28 2007
- Boisclair sweet-talks Saguenay
- Parti Québécois Leader André Boisclair attended his largest campaign rally Tuesday night in the Saguenay region, a sovereigntist stronghold he hopes to count on at the ballot box in March.
- 2007/02/28 08:33:31 AM
- No final cost yet for ADQ platform
- The leader of the Action Démocratique du Québec says there's nothing wrong with him waiting to put a price tag on his electoral platform.
- 2007/02/28 09:27:54 AM
- Dumont takes ADQ gains with a grain of salt
- Mario Dumont is rising in polls and gaining praise for a sharp opening to the Quebec election campaign but success brings only a tight, nervous smile to the ADQ leader's face.
- 2007/02/28 07:28:29 PM
February 27 2007
- Dumont accuses PQ, Liberals of referendum fixation
- Old arguments over Quebec independence have mesmerized the two big fish in the provincial election campaign, says Mario Dumont, whose unexpected popularity is putting pressure on the two front-runners.
- 2007/02/27 06:56:48 PM
February 24 2007
- PQ leader defends absence of 'referendum' in party platform
- Parti Québécois Leader André Boisclair promises that if his party wins the election, it will hold a "public consultation" on Quebec sovereignty during its first mandate.
- 2007/02/24 04:11:53 PM
- Option Canada report looms over Charest campaign
- Quebec Liberal Leader Jean Charest is facing more pressure to answer questions about a secret fund used by federalists during the 1995 referendum campaign.
- 2007/02/24 07:53:03 PM
- Bloc Pot launches 'reeferendum'
- Quebec's pro-weed political party the Bloc Pot kicked off its provincial election campaign with a call for a "reeferendum" on marijuana use.
- 2007/02/24 08:37:33 PM
- Liberals support Quebec farmers: Charest
- Liberal Leader Jean Charest promised to support farmers and promote their products on Saturday, while backing away from an earlier party pledge to introduce mandatory labelling for genetically modified organisms.
- 2007/02/24 08:05:07 PM
February 23 2007
- Quebec leaders spar over superbug deaths
- André Boisclair should be ashamed of himself for suggesting the Quebec Liberals were careless in dealing with C. difficile outbreaks in provincial hospitals, Jean Charest said Thursday night.
- 2007/02/23 11:41:38 AM
- Activist grabbed by Chrétien runs for office
- The activist once grabbed by the neck and wrestled to the ground in 1996 by then-prime minister Jean Chrétien is running for office in the Quebec election.
- 2007/02/23 03:52:18 PM
- Mont Orford, referendum on the PQ's campaign trail
- PQ Leader André Boisclair weighed in on the Mont Orford debate Friday, promising to give the contested provincial park back to Quebecers if he's elected premier.
- 2007/02/23 07:45:06 PM
- Charest announces $20M for Kruger in Trois-Rivières
- Premier Jean Charest reached out to Quebec's forestry sector Thursday, announcing a $20 million in funding and a low-interest loan for paper giant Kruger to help save its mill in Trois-Rivières.
- 2007/02/23 06:05:16 PM
- Family first for ADQ
- ADQ Leader Mario Dumont focused on families Friday, accusing the Liberal government of hurting middle-class households with their financial policies.
- 2007/02/23 08:03:25 PM
February 22 2007
- They're off: Quebec leaders hit campaign trail
- Quebec party leaders fanned across the province Wednesday night, holding inaugural rallies to officially launch their electoral campaigns.
- 2007/02/22 09:54:22 AM
- Think about environment, Gore urges Quebec voters
- Former U.S. vice-president Al Gore has waded into Quebec politics, urging voters to think about the environment when they cast their ballot.
- 2007/02/22 02:37:54 PM
- Health care dominates as Quebec campaign kicks off
- Health care dominated the debate as Quebec's election campaign began Thursday, including PQ Leader André Boisclair's accusation of Liberal negligence in a deadly C. difficile outbreak.
- 2007/02/22 08:03:12 PM
- Activists challenge Liberals in the Outaouais
- A construction contractor who challenged Quebec's labour laws and a federal public servant fired for heading a sovereigntist group will both try to dethrone the Liberals in one of their Outaouais strongholds in the March 26 Quebec election.
- 2007/02/22 01:23:34 PM