Lac-Mégantic: December 2013 Archives
Thursday December 19, 2013
Wednesday December 18, 2013
Monday December 9, 2013
Premier Pauline Marois held a special ceremony in Lac-Mégantic yesterday to honour first responders who were on the scene of the deadly train derailment and explosion. Hundreds of men and women were awarded medals of bravery, and Christmas trees were lit to honour the 47 victims.
The CBC's Alison Northcott spoke with Fire Chief Denis Lauzon, who has vivid memories of the night of the explosion.
Firefighter Éric Mercier has been on stress leave since the night of the explosion. He shares his thoughts on how the disaster has affected him.
- July 2014
- June 2014
- Wed., 18 – Envisioning a new downtown Lac-Mégantic
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- Thu., 2 – Grieving and rebuilding in Lac-Mégantic
- December 2013
- Thu., 19 – Watching the first train roll by...
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- Wed., 31 – Bringing music back to the Musi-Café
- Thu., 25 – $7.2M for the reconstruction of Lac-Mégantic
- Mon., 22 – Reaction to train safety recommendations
- Tue., 16 – Supporting Lac-Mégantic's business community
- Fri., 12 – When tragedy hits home
- Thu., 11 – Townships cities push for railway safety
- Tue., 9 – Searching for answers in Nantes, Quebec
- Tue., 9 – Protecting the Chaudière River