Lac-Mégantic: August 2013 Archives
Tuesday August 27, 2013
Day by day, the re-development plan for Lac Mégantic is becoming a bit clearer.
Yesterday, Premier Pauline Marois announced that $16 million of its emergency fund for the town will go towards constructing a new commercial centre. She also said that a new temporary railway line to serve the industrial park will built in the next few months.
Béland Audet is the president of Logi-Bel transport logistics in Lac-Mégantic, one of the many businesses hit hard by the July 6th disaster. He joined us this morning.
Categories: Eastern Townships, Lac-Mégantic, Politics
Wednesday August 14, 2013
The environmental organization SVP has released the results of its water and shoreline tests along the Chaudière river, following the Lac-Mégantic rail disaster.
The organization was sampling not just for oil residues, but also for other toxic substances, such as arsenic and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, that can potentially be cancerogenic.
Daniel Green is president of SVP, and he shared the results of those tests with us this morning.
Categories: Environment, Lac-Mégantic
- July 2014
- June 2014
- Wed., 18 – Envisioning a new downtown Lac-Mégantic
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- Thu., 2 – Grieving and rebuilding in Lac-Mégantic
- December 2013
- Thu., 19 – Watching the first train roll by...
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- Wed., 31 – Bringing music back to the Musi-Café
- Thu., 25 – $7.2M for the reconstruction of Lac-Mégantic
- Mon., 22 – Reaction to train safety recommendations
- Tue., 16 – Supporting Lac-Mégantic's business community
- Fri., 12 – When tragedy hits home
- Thu., 11 – Townships cities push for railway safety
- Tue., 9 – Searching for answers in Nantes, Quebec
- Tue., 9 – Protecting the Chaudière River