Lac-Mégantic: July 2013 Archives
Wednesday July 31, 2013
Lac-Mégantic's Musi-Café will reopen. Many people who perished on July 6th were at this popular bistro bar. The owner says he now wants his establishment to become the symbol of the town's resilience.
A marquis tent will be set up where a series of shows will help raise funds for the reconstruction of the café, while offering employment to those who have lost their jobs. The impressive line-up includes Fred Pellerin, Karim Ouellet, Michel Rivard, Richard Desjardins and many more.
Monday July 29, 2013
Three weeks after the train derailment in Lac-Mégantic, residents are making it clear that they do not want another train to pass through their downtown. Meanwhile, businesses in the industrial park that depend on the railway for the transport of their goods are working hard so that the railway gets rerouted as quickly as possible.
This morning we spoke with Béland Audet, President and General Manager of Logi-bel Inc, a company that manages transport logistics services to the manufacturing companies located in the MRC du Granit.
Thursday July 25, 2013
The Red Cross has received more than seven million dollars in donations since the July 6th train derailment in Lac-Mégantic.
Red Cross officials were in Lac-Mégantic yesterday to share details of their aid program, which includes immediate funds for workers who have lost their jobs, and long-term support to children who have lost their parents in the tragedy.
Pascal Mathieu, acting director of the Quebec division of the Red Cross, joined us this morning to explain this aid plan.
- July 2014
- June 2014
- Wed., 18 – Envisioning a new downtown Lac-Mégantic
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- Thu., 2 – Grieving and rebuilding in Lac-Mégantic
- December 2013
- Thu., 19 – Watching the first train roll by...
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- Wed., 31 – Bringing music back to the Musi-Café
- Thu., 25 – $7.2M for the reconstruction of Lac-Mégantic
- Mon., 22 – Reaction to train safety recommendations
- Tue., 16 – Supporting Lac-Mégantic's business community
- Fri., 12 – When tragedy hits home
- Thu., 11 – Townships cities push for railway safety
- Tue., 9 – Searching for answers in Nantes, Quebec
- Tue., 9 – Protecting the Chaudière River