Friday July 4, 2014
As the one-year anniversary of the derailment and explosion in Lac-Mégantic approaches, we'll revisit some of the people we've met to find out how they are grieving and rebuilding their lives and their community. Our Marika Wheeler joins us with an update on a Villemaire-Poulin family. The two youngest children stuggled with nightmares and post-traumatic stress disorder after the derailment in that town. Listen here.
Categories: Lac-Mégantic, Marika Wheeler
Wednesday June 18, 2014
The first anniversary of the train derailment in Lac-Mégantic is just weeks away. After months of cleanup, the rebuilding of the town is set to begin. But what will the downtown look like? Tuesday evening, ctizens had a chance to look at a preliminary plan yesterday, a plan based on a series of consultations. Radio-Canada reporter Claudine Richard was at the meeting where the plans were unveiled last night. Listen here.
Monday May 26, 2014
When students from Mont-Saint-Sacrament high school just outside of Quebec City found out the owner of an ice cream shop in Lac-Mégantic was dreaming of building a playground for his little patrons, they decided to help him out. 86 students left their school in St-Gabriel-de-Valcartier at 6 am on a Saturday morning, and ran 273 km to hand-deliver it to him... our Marika Wheeler brings us that story. Listen here.
Visit our Facebook page for photos.
Categories: Lac-Mégantic, Marika Wheeler, Quebec's travelling journalist
- July 2014
- June 2014
- Wed., 18 – Envisioning a new downtown Lac-Mégantic
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- Thu., 2 – Grieving and rebuilding in Lac-Mégantic
- December 2013
- Thu., 19 – Watching the first train roll by...
- November 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- Wed., 31 – Bringing music back to the Musi-Café
- Thu., 25 – $7.2M for the reconstruction of Lac-Mégantic
- Mon., 22 – Reaction to train safety recommendations
- Tue., 16 – Supporting Lac-Mégantic's business community
- Fri., 12 – When tragedy hits home
- Thu., 11 – Townships cities push for railway safety
- Tue., 9 – Searching for answers in Nantes, Quebec
- Tue., 9 – Protecting the Chaudière River