The Journey of Nishiyuu nearing final destination of Ottawa
It's been more than two months and 1500 kilometres since six young Cree men and a guide set out on foot from their community of Whapmagoostui, en route to Ottawa, in support of Idle No More. Along the way, they've been joined by nearly 200 supporters on the Journey of Nishiyuu. CBC North's Melissa Natachequan joined us from Chelsea, Quebec as the walkers near their final destination.
Download Flash Player to view this content.
- Nishiyuu walkers on the final leg of their journey (Wednesday, March 20th, 2013)
- Spiritual side of the Journey of Nishiyuu (Friday, March 1st, 2013)
- 11-year-old girl joins Nishiyuu walk to Ottawa (February 7th, 2013)
- Cree walkers on Nishiyuu Journey arriving in Chisasibi (February 1st, 2013)
- Whapmagoostui youth head out in support of Idle No More (January 18th, 2013)