Here's what we have on tap for you today. Please note that all schedules are subject to last-minute changes. Check back for updates.
- Live performance throughout the show from Canadian rockers Sam Roberts Band. Their latest album, Lo-Fantasy, sees the popular band boldly experimenting with synthesizers. [FULL POST]
- Jian speaks with Pulitzer Prize winning reporter Charlie Le Duff about the financial, spiritual and cultural cost of abandoned and dilapitated neighbourhoods across Detroit, and whether that city's "fight against blight" can be addressed while competing for money against urgent problems like inadequate police and fire protection. [FULL POST]
- Filmmaker John Waters (Pink Flamingos, Hairspray, Crybaby) on his book Carsick, a humorous account of his recent hitchiking odyssey across the width of America, from Baltimore to San Francisco, which he undertook at the age of 66. [FULL POST]
- Ricochet Media, based in Montreal, is hoping to bridge the French and English divide in our media by publishing and collaborating in both official languages. Ethan Cox tells Jian about the initiative. [FULL POST]
- Elvira Kurt's Cultural Hall of Shame + Friday Live performance and conversation