Toronto Broadcast Centre
- Harvey Cashore
- Greg Hobbs
- Millan Curry-Sharples
- Phil LaChappelle
- Lesley Birchard
- Fred Nicolaidis
- Jane Eisbrenner
- Sonia Arab
- Leslie Wasserman
- Tony Lomonaco
- David Wilson, PM CBC Doc Unit
- Oleh J. Rumak,
The Fifth Estate
- David Kitching,
- Karen Sebesta,
- Steve Sloan,
- Don Reynolds,
- Geoff D'Eon,
Halifax Comedy Fest
- Nick Rose,
Life With Boys
- Jim Corston,
Life With Boys
Glenn Gould Studio may be rented to performing organizations and individuals for concerts and other presentations, subject to the availability, policies and rental terms of the Studio.
The Studio is rented in evening blocks of time (1600-2300 hrs), or weekend matinees performances (1000-1700 hrs), subject to availability.
The Basic Rental Fee includes the following:
- Glenn Gould Studio auditorium with available lighting system setup.
- Lobby & refreshment service (cash) before event & at intermission, if applicable.
- Public washrooms, including wheelchair access washroom.
- Backstage facilities: Lounge, 2 private dressing rooms (wheelchair access), 2 large dressing rooms, washrooms, 3 warm-up pianos.
- House technician for stage set-up and operation of existing lighting setup.
- Use of one New York Steinway grand piano (tuning cost extra).
- Use of podium.
- Front-of-House personnel (ushers &coat check) for a four-hour call. For events involving an audience in Glenn Gould Studio, use of the resident usher corps is required.
- Recording a performance (audio) for broadcast or private recording release (using 2 track or multitrack equipment)
- Audio and/or Video Archive Recordings (using fixed house camera and available hanging mics to CDR/DVD/VHS recorder). The renting organization will be required to sign a document to guarantee the archival recording will not be used for broadcast or any other commercial purposes.
- Sound reinforcement equipment/operators (A renting organization may engage its own recording engineer and/or sound reinforcement technician to work on its behalf in Glenn Gould Studio. CBC retains the right of approval for such individuals.)
- Wireless lav or handheld microphones
- Onstage 4-level risers (6 maximum)
- Rear-projection video equipment (may involve additional technicians)
- Follow spots (2 available)
- Hammond B3 Organ
- Additional Steinway Grand Piano
- 60 amp, 3 phase power hookup/removal
Any professional catering service (subject to Glenn Gould Studio acceptance) may be engaged by a renting organization to function on its behalf in Glenn Gould Studio. The facility is a licensed facility, therefore all alcoholic beverages must be ordered through Glenn Gould Studio. Requests for specific brands must be supplied to the Front of House Manager at least ten business days prior to the event. A lobby cleaning fee is applicable for events involving a reception.
The Studio and its washrooms are wheelchair accessible.
Glenn Gould Studio can accommodate "buffet-style" catering only in the lobby. Glenn Gould Studio policy does not allow for "sit down" dinners in either the lobby or Studio.
Fire regulations do not allow for standing room in the Studio during events.
Stage entrance for performers and equipment is 25 John Street.
Renting organizations must provide documentation of the following insurance coverage for its occupancy period in the Glenn Gould Studio: comprehensive general liability in an amount of not less than $2,000,000 per occurrence.
SOCAN license fees and credit card commissions are payable by the renting organization. They are deducted from the box office receipts and remitted on the renter's behalf by CBC.
Deposit required is a minimum of 50% of the Basic Rental Fee, payable upon confirmation. The balance is due prior to the event, or will be deducted from the box office receipts at the discretion of the General Manager. Deposit is non-refundable. Payment will be accepted in cash or by certified cheque.
The stage entrance for Glenn Gould Studio is located at 25 John St. Artists and backstage personnel must check in at the CBC Security kiosk to obtain a pass for entrance into the facilities. Most equipment can be loaded in by this entrance, either by the main entrance-way, or through the double-door fire exits. There are no stairs between street level and the stage.