The Next ChapterDan Rubinstein, if you liked "The Girl on the Train" you'll love...May 18, 2015 | 53:59- Jo Saul: If you liked "The Girl on the Train" you'll love "The Devil You Know"
- Catherine Allan on "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho
- Dan Rubinstein on "Born to Walk"
- Sabrina Ramnanan on "Nothing Like Love"
- Proust Questionnaire: Maureen Jennings
The Next ChapterEmily St. John Mandel, Russell Smith (May 11, 2015)May 11, 2015 | 53:59Emily St. John Mandel on "Station Eleven" - Inez Jasper on "How It All Vegan" by Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer - Russell Smith on "Confidence" - Matt Lennox on "Knucklehead" - Sara Gruen answers the Proust Questionnaire
The Next ChapterDavid Usher, Arleen Paré (May 4, 2015)May 4, 2015 | 53:59David Usher on "Let the Elephants Run" - Michael Crummey on "Sweetland" - Arleen Paré on "Lake of Two Mountains" - Randy Boyagoda on "Stone Soup" by Kate Marshall Flaherty, or literary prize culture versus the merits of reading hyperlocal books
The Next ChapterWomen in Clothes, Bruce McCulloch (April 27, 2015)Apr 27, 2015 | 54:00Antanas Sileika on Is Gwyneth Paltrow Wrong About Everything? - Donovan Woods - Bruce McCulloch - Leanne Shapton, Miranda Purves, and Jonathan Goldstein on Women in Clothes - Sarah Lazarovic on A Bunch of Pretty Things I Did Not Buy
The Next ChapterHelen Humphreys, Bubba's Book Club (April 20, 2015)Apr 20, 2015 | 53:59Helen Humphreys on "The Evening Chorus" - Tom Cochrane on "All the Light We Cannot See" - Jennifer Quist on "Love Letters of the Angels of Death" - Treasa Levasseur on "The Heart is an Involuntary Muscle" - Neil Peart on his blog Bubba's Book Club
The Next ChapterDavid Sax, Jamie Kennedy (April 13, 2015)Apr 13, 2015 | 53:59David Sax on "The Tastemakers" - Lynn Miles on "The Orchardist" by Amanda Coplin - Jamie Kennedy on "J.K. The Jamie Kennedy Cookbook" - Ing Wong-Ward says if you liked "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother", you'll love "Listen to the Squawking Chicken"
The Next ChapterWaubgeshig Rice, Diane Schoemperlen (April 6, 2015)Apr 6, 2015 | 53:58- Waubgeshig Rice on "Legacy"
- Tim Page on "Winter of the World" by Ken Follett
- Diane Schoemperlen on "By the Book"
- Robert Wiersema: If you like "One Hundred Years of Solitude", you'll love "Galore" by Michael Crummey
The Next ChapterHorror Panel, Kim Echlin (March 30, 2015)Mar 30, 2015 | 53:58In this episode:
- Horror Panel: Andrew Pyper, author of "The Damned", and Nick Cutter, author of "The Deep"
- Jacqueline Baker on "The Broken Hours"
- Kim Echlin on "Under the Visible Life"
- Ian Hamilton on his Ava Lee mystery series
The Next ChapterBonus: James Daschuk on Clearing the PlainsMar 23, 2015 | 13:05Author James Daschuk discusses his book, which reveals how the Canadian government's policy led to famine in First Nations settlements in the 19th century.
The Next ChapterSteve Burrows, if you liked Cheryl Strayed's Wild...(March 23, 2015)Mar 23, 2015 | 53:59- Victor Dwyer says if you liked "Wild", you'll love "Bear"
- Amanda Rheaume on "Clearing the Plains" by James Daschuk
- Gail Bowen answers the Proust Questionnaire
- Steve Burrows on "A Siege of Bitterns"
- Peter Kavanagh reviews "Consumed"
The Next ChapterSheila Watt-Cloutier, Norman Doidge (March 16, 2015)Mar 16, 2015 | 53:58-Sheila Watt-Cloutier on "The Right to Be Cold"
-Ausma Zehanat Khan on "The Unquiet Dead"
-Musician Dan MacCormack on his album inspired by David Adams Richards novels
-Norman Doidge on "The Brain's Way of Healing"
The Next ChapterTNC Special - Norman DoidgeMar 16, 2015 | 41:00Full-length conversation with Dr. Norman Doidge about his book The Brain's Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity