The Next ChapterElizabeth Ruth, Daniel David Moses (Encore)Jul 14, 2014 | 53:59- Elizabeth Ruth on "Matadora"
- Jen Sookfong Lee on "The Miracles of Ordinary Men" by Amanda Leduc
- Elisabeth de Mariaffi on "How to Get Along With Women"
- Daniel David Moses on "A Small Essay on the Largeness of Light and Other Poems"
The Next ChapterGreg Malone, Michael Crummey (Encore)Jul 12, 2014 | 53:59- Greg Malone on "Don't Tell the Newfoundlanders"
- Amelia Curran on "Moving Pictures" by Terry Pratchett
- Michael Crummey on "Under the Keel"
- Pamela Yaye says if you liked "50 Shades of Grey", you'll love "Blush" by Lauren Jameson
The Next ChapterLauren B. Davis, 1950s Mothers and Daughters (Encore)Jul 7, 2014 | 53:59- Lauren B. Davis on "The Empty Room"
- Stephen Fearing on "A Good Man" by Guy Vanderhaeghe
- Lorri Neilsen Glenn and Sheila Norgate on "Untying the Apron"
- Charles MacPherson on "The Butler Speaks"
- Frank O'Dea answers the Proust Questionnaire
The Next ChapterLisa Moore, Monica Kidd (Encore)Jul 5, 2014 | 53:59- Lisa Moore on "Caught"
- Jarvis Church on "One Shot" by Lee Child
- Monica Kidd on "Handfuls of Bone"
- Andrew Pyper says if you liked "Lonesome Dove" by Larry McMurtry, you'll love "The Last Crossing" by Guy Vanderhaeghe
The Next ChapterThomas King and Leanne Simpson, Joseph Boyden (Encore)Jun 30, 2014 | 53:59Thomas King and Leanne Betasamosake Simpson on storytelling as a force of resistance and a tool of reconciliation - Melissa Hardy on "Surface Rights" - Valerie Mason-John on "The Great Black North" - Joseph Boyden on "The Orenda"
The Next ChapterRuth Ozeki, The Monkey's Paw (Encore)Jun 28, 2014 | 53:59Ruth Ozeki on "A Tale for the Time Being" - Lynn Miles on "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein - Shelagh tours The Monkey's Paw book store with owner Stephen Fowler - Iain Reid on "A Moveable Feast" and "That Summer in Paris"
The Next ChapterWayne Grady, Eleanor Catton, Lawrence Hill (Encore)Jun 23, 2014 | 54:00- Wayne Grady on "Emancipation Day"
- Eleanor Catton on "The Luminaries"
- Antanas Sileika on "The Juggler's Children" by Carolyn Abraham
- Lawrence Hill,author of "Blood: The Stuff of Life", answers the Proust Questionnaire
The Next ChapterKate Pullinger, Julian Porter (June 16, 2014)Jun 16, 2014 | 53:59Kate Pullinger on "Landing Gear" - Christopher DiRaddo on "The Geography of Pluto" - Martha Schabas on her day job - Our Mystery Book Panel recommends great summer reads - Julian Porter on "149 Paintings You Really Need to See in Europe"
The Next ChapterRichard Van Camp reflects on "Porcupines and China Dolls"Jun 16, 2014 | 1:54Writer Richard Van Camp reflects on the significance of Robert Arthur Alexie's novel "Porcupines and China Dolls".
The Next ChapterChildren's Book Panel - Summer 2014Jun 9, 2014 | 10:45The members of our Children's Book Panel, Ken Setterington and Michele Landsberg, recommend great novels and picture books to keep young people entertained during the summer.