The Proposal was submitted by you for review and consideration by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation ("CBC"). You understand that the execution of this agreement is necessary before CBC will review the Proposal, and for good and valuable consideration you agree as follows:
1. You own or control the Proposal. You have the full and exclusive right to submit the Proposal to CBC and no other person or corporation has any right, title or interest in the Proposal inconsistent with your rights to develop and license the Proposal. If you are submitting the Proposal on behalf of a corporation that owns the Proposal, you have the authority to bind such corporation.
2. The Proposal is not defamatory and does not infringe upon or violate the privacy rights, copyrights, trademarks, publicity or other intellectual or proprietary rights of any third party.
3. CBC has not made any promise or representation to you about the Proposal, and has no obligation to use the Proposal in any way. There is no agreement, written or oral, express or implied, between you and CBC concerning the Proposal, other than this agreement.
4. CBC will give the Proposal only the consideration that CBC in its sole and absolute discretion determines is appropriate.
5. CBC does not accept any obligation of confidentiality with respect to the Proposal. CBC has the right to copy, use, and distribute the Proposal for the purpose of its evaluation and review. You have kept a copy of the Proposal. CBC has no obligation to return the Proposal to you and is not responsible for any loss or damage to the Proposal.
6. CBC may have already and may in the future receive or independently develop materials similar to the Proposal. CBC has the unrestricted right to use these similar materials, and you will have no right or recourse against CBC for use of these similar materials.
Items indicated with an () are required.