This is one of two districts representing Summerside. This district is the site of the new $50-million Prince County Hospital, which represents an enormous investment in health care for the province.
The district includes the waterfront attractions Spinnaker's Landing and the Wanda Wyatt Centre, an area at the heart of the city's tourism.
Please click on a district for the profile.
From Elections PEI:
Summerside-Wilmott [HTML] [PDF, 4.1MB]
( Acrobat Reader required - download free Acrobat Reader.)
(The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.)
- Updated: Nov 29, 2007, 02:25 AST
- P.E.I. tide paints province Liberal red
- P.E.I.'s Liberal party cruised to a surprisingly easy victory in Monday's provincial election, crushing the governing Progressive Conservatives and reversing the seat count from the previous legislative session.
- Hasty promises, desire for change sank P.E.I. Tories
- Pat Binns and his Progressive Conservatives went down to defeat in Monday's Prince Edward Island election, at least in part because of how two campaign promises fed into Islanders' growing appetite for change.
- Liberal wave fails to flood Eastern P.E.I.
- Progressive Conservative candidates picked up all of their handful of successes in the eastern part of Prince Edward Island on Monday, as Liberals swept the rest of the province.
- Liberals sweep crucial districts
- The Liberal party took every key district they needed for victory Monday night, and then some.
- 6 ministers defeated as P.E.I. cabinet trounced
- Six of Pat Binns's cabinet ministers fell and two were re-elected as P.E.I. voters bounced the Progressive Conservative government out of office Monday night.