Set Charlottetown as default location
Current ConditionsWed Jan 28, 15 at 12:00 AM AST
Feels like: -15
Feels like: 5
Sunrise: 7:41 AM
Sunset: 5:10 PM
NNE 41 km/h
Pressure: 100.1 kPa
Freezing rain or snow
Chance of rain showers or flurries
Summary(Celsius) Tue Jan 27, 15 at 7:27 PM AST Tue Jan 27, 15 at 7:27 PM AST
Snow mixed with ice pellets changing to freezing rain late this evening then to a few rain showers before morning. Snow and ice pellet amount 5 cm. Local blowing snow this evening. Wind northeast 60 km/h gusting to 80 diminishing to 40 gusting to 60 after midnight. Temperature rising to plus 1 by morning.
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of rain showers or flurries in the morning. Periods of snow beginning in the afternoon. Snowfall amount 2 cm. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light in the morning. Wind becoming northwest 40 gusting to 60 in the afternoon. Temperature falling to minus 4 in the afternoon.
Periods of snow ending in the evening then clearing. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light near midnight. Low minus 12.
|Chance of rain showers or flurries||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Periods of snow||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of flurries|
-3° | -11°
27° | 12°
0° | -5°
32° | 23°
-13° | -16°
9° | 3°
-12° | -16°
10° | 3°
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
Prince Edward Island Headlines
- Charlottetown's Mount Continuing Care opens dementia wing video
- A Charlottetown nursing home opened a new dementia wing this week.
- Video Sinkhole repair underway video
- The P.E.I. Department of Transportation is finishing up repairs to a 4.5-metre deep sinkhole in Iona in eastern P.E.I.
- Horse owner battles for return of seized animals
- The owner of a herd of horses seized by the P.E.I. government has begun a legal battle to get them back.
- New support program launched for visually impaired teens
- A new peer support program was launched today by the CNIB in the Maritimes to provide support for visually impaired teenage girls.
- Winter storm shuts down most of P.E.I.
- A blizzard rolling over Prince Edward Island is creating whiteout conditions across the province.