Kim Madigan's Red Beans & Rice
- 6-8 pieces of bacon (more if you prefer)
- 1-2 onions chopped (your preference)
- 2 14-oz cans of red beans (you can soak kidney beans with
a ham bone, but why bother?)
- Water - up to 1/2 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic crushed (to taste)
- Hot sauce - start with 4 drops (Louisiana style or tabasco)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Cooked rice
Fry bacon and onions.Drain on paper towels.
Add flour to leftover grease to make a roux
Drain liquid from canned beans into pan. Stir until thick. You
may have to add water to make enough gravy.
Once thick add parsley, salt and pepper to taste, paprika, garlic
and hot sauce
Add beans, bacon (broken in pieces). Cook until beans are heated
Serve cooked beans on rice.