Submit a Community Calendar Event
Event announcement guidelines
The following are guidelines to improve the clarity and effectiveness of your event announcement.
- Notices must be in our hands at least two weeks before we can air them.
- Keep it short: not more than 70 words long.
- Cover the five "W's": Who, What, When, Where, Why. Tell us...
- Why our listeners will find it interesting.
- What the event is.
- Where it is being held.
- Who is putting it on.
- When it's happening (time, day, date, month).
- When the announcement should run, and when it should end.
- No announcement will run more than three weeks.
- Indicate ticket prices or other charges.
- Make it clear how names are pronounced (include phonetic versions)
- Include contact information that our listeners can refer to.
- Let us know in plenty of time if you have to cancel your event.