Printable Summer Scavenger Hunt for the Senses
By Shanti Nordholt-McPhee
Design by Trev Murphy
Jul 12, 2016
The bounty of summer and the season of wildflower bouquets, sunny beach afternoons and eating out of gardens is upon us! Here is a summer scavenger hunt for the whole family, that delights all the senses and gets you out exploring nature's beauty. A wonderful way to soak up the hot days, blue skies and the new bursting life all around.
You Will Need:
- printable summer scavenger hunt (PDF)
- marker, pencil, crayons or dry-erase marker
- plastic page protector or laminator (optional)
- clipboard (optional)
You'll Also Love: Printable Music Festival Scavenger Hunt
1. Print out the scavenger hunt. (Click either image to open the two-page printable PDF!)
2. If you want to re-use the scavenger hunt again and again, you can slide the scavenger hunt into a plastic page protector or laminate it. Use a dry-erase marker to mark items as you find them.
3. I suggest putting the list on a clipboard and tying the marker or pencil to the clipboard. This makes the activity easier for kids (and parents—no more lost markers!).
4. Find a basket to hold the scavenger hunt finds, if desired.
5. Put on your sun hats and head on out into the beauty!
Add New Comment
How I Handle Being a Single Mother with Full Custody on Father’s Day
Dear Dad: A Printable Book For Father’s Day
Snacks & Treats
Cooking with Kids: Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
14 Mommy and Me — And Daddy and Me — Classes That Prove There’s More Variety Than Ever
Tech & Media
8 Children’s Books That Celebrate A Variety of Different Dads