Pretty Watercolour Snowmen Art Activity
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Jan 28, 2015
We are in the dead of Winter here and lately the wind chill has been so cold, we haven’t been able to get out and play much. When stuck indoors, painting is a great activity for kids to get their imagination going and perfect their fine motor skills. This winter watercolour painting is so beautiful, you’ll want to proudly display it all Winter long.
What You’ll Need
- watercolour paper
- watercolour paints
- watercolour paint brushes
- cardstock – in white, black, orange, and multiple colours for the buttons
- scissors and/or paper punches
How To Make It
1. Lay down some cardboard or newspapers. Put out sheets of watercolour paper, watercolour paints, paintbrushes and cups of water. Let the kids paint a winter scene. My kids made many and my favourite ones were the stripes of colours. Allow the paintings to dry.
2. While waiting for the paint to dry, you can cut out your snowman pieces. If you have circular hole punches, you can use them. If not, scissors work great too. Cut 3 different sizes of circles out of the white cardstock for the snowmen. You can also cut small white circles for snow. Cut black top hats, and eyes out of the black cardstock. Cut triangle noses out of the orange cardstock. Cut small circular buttons out of any other coloured paper you have.
3. Give your kids the cardstock paper and some glue and let them make a snowman picture. Allow the glue to dry completely.
This beautiful winter watercolour painting is sure to bring out the creative side of your kiddos. It’s a beautiful piece of artwork that you will be proud to display all winter long.