Wind-Up Letter Surprise For April Fool’s Day
By Shanti Nordholt-McPhee, Twig and Toadstool
Mar 28, 2016
April Fool's Day can be such a fun day to trick people with silly surprises. Kids just eat it up!
Here's a simple April Fool's idea that's guaranteed to get some giggles: a "letter" that jumps right out of the envelope.
You Will Need:
- paper clip
- rubber band
- small stick
1. Bend the paper clip into a U shape.
2. Wrap the rubber band around the top of the U.
3. Insert the stick through the middle of the rubber band and turn the stick until the rubber band is wound tight.
4. Carefully place it (all wound up) into an envelope and seal it up.
5. Give or send the envelope to a family member or a friend...
and watch the surprise that follows!
Happy April Fool's Day!
This post was originally published in March 2014.
Add New Comment
The Statuses All Parents Wish They Could Post on Social Media
Giant Christmas Light Suncatchers
Kids & Media
Librarians Share 10 Amazing Lesser-Known Books for Kids
Acts of Kindness Advent Calendar
Games & Apps
9 Things To Ask Siri That Your Kids Will Find Hilarious