No-Sew Sock Snake Stuffies
By Jen Kossowan, Mama.Papa.Bubba.
Mar 10, 2014
With March Break upon us and the Canadian winter seemingly sticking around for a while yet, it's probably a good idea to have a few fun activities planned for the kids to enjoy during their time away from school. This project fits the bill perfectly! Homemade snake stuffies are fun for all ages and easy to make -- not to mention they're a great way to put lone socks to use.
You Will Need:
- knee high sock
- pillow stuffing
- glue gun (we love our low temperature one)
- googly eyes
- felt eye shapes
- felt tongue
1. To get started, lay the sock so that the toe seam is flat across the front and the heel is folded neatly on the backside.
2. Create a small fold just underneath the toe of the sock in order to make a mouth. Place the felt tongue inside the fold and use a strip of glue to hold the tongue in place and the mouth shut.
3. If desired, flip the sock over, tuck in the heel to create a flat surface, and use a strip of glue to hold the fold in place. Doing so will give your finished snake a more uniform look, but this step is not necessary.
4. Next, use your glue gun to attach both the felt eyes and googly eyes on the topside of the sock.
5. Now it's time to stuff your snake! Be sure to really fill the toe area in order to create a distinct head, then use slightly less filling for the remainder of the body.
6. When most of the snake's body is filled, take a moment to cut the end of the sock into a point. This will be the snake's tail. Use your glue gun to seal one full side of the tail plus the tip, leaving a small opening on the other side.
7. Add a little bit more filling to the tail and take a moment to arrange it so that the pillow stuffing is evenly distributed.
8. Seal up the remaining tail edge with another strip of glue.
That's it! You've got yourself a brand new pet snake that is perfect for cuddling with or using during pretend play. Enjoy!
Add New Comment
One Kid Is Fine, Thanks
The Night My Daughter Told Me She Would Look Better With ‘Blonde’ Skin
6 Exercises To Get Your Best Bum
I Was Unhappy After Becoming a Dad and I Should Have Talked About it Sooner
Tech & Media
10 Beautiful Indigenous Children’s Books To Add To Your Library