New Year’s Activity: Silver Star Sparkle Headband
By Shanti Nordholt-McPhee, Twig and Toadstool
Dec 30, 2013
Who doesn't love the glitter and joy of ringing in the new year?! Today we are showing you an easy craft that children can help create to wear on New Years Eve. A great way to add some playful glitz to that magical night. Here it is... A silver star sparkle headband!
What you'll need
- star cookie cutters (two different sizes if possible)
- silver paint
- silver glitter
- silver ribbon
- glue gun
1. Trace out your stars with your cookie cutters and cut them out.
2. Paint your stars silver and let your stars dry.
4. Paint on a layer of glue. Now for the really fun part, shake on the glitter!
6. Now while the little ones marvel at their beautiful new stars, the adult of the home can glue gun the silver ribbon to the headband.
7. Last but not least, glue gun your stars on and voila! Your little ones are ready to sparkle the night away!
Please come by Twig and Toadstool for more crafting inspiration! Wishing everyone a rich and wonderful new year that sparkles! With Love, Shanti
Add New Comment
No One Is The Aunt — Going To Family Camp With My Husband, His Ex-Wife And Our Kids
Snacks & Treats
10 Nutritious and Delicious Frozen Treats for Summer This Dietitian Mom Swears By
Here’s How it Feels to Get Hateful Online Comments About My Parenting
Why My Kids Have Patches on Their Clothes and What That’s Taught Our Family
Tech & Media
Librarians Recommend Their 15 Favourite Nonfiction Books for Kids