Math Game: Monster Math Squad Scoop it Up
By Cheri Sliz
Jun 10, 2014
Summer is almost here so why not treat your little one to an ice cream scoop counting activity? Children place the correct number of scoops with the corresponding numbered Monster Math Squad card. Kids can practice number recognition and counting in this play and learn activity, which may just lead you to the freezer for a scoop to share!
- numbered Monster Math Squad printout
- ice cream cones and scoops printout
- a stash of ice cream in your freezer, just in case!
2. Lay out your cones and pile the scoops of ice cream near by.
3. Have your kids select some numbered Monster Math Squad cards and lay them next to the cones. Ask your kids to read the numbers on the cards, and, if they need it, help them build an ice cream cone with the corresponding number of scoops!