Make Your Own Portable Daniel Tiger Play Set
By Megan McChesney
Nov 29, 2013
Need something to keep your little Daniel Tiger's Neighbourhood fan busy on the go? Make this sweet play set together and bring it on your next family adventure. Add cars or dolls or animals to change things up. We found most of these supplies at the Dollar Store and the total cost of the the project was less than $10.
What you need:
- portable plastic container (we found ours at the Dollar Store)
- a green tablecloth or piece of fabric
- modeling clay
- thick paper (like cardstock) or foam core
- fake foliage (available at craft and dollar stores)
- glue stick
- Daniel Tiger's Neighbourhood character print-out
- a few rocks
- Snip off pieces of your fake foliage to make trees. Insert them into small bits of modelling clay so they'll stand up.
- Print out your Daniel Tiger's Neighbourhood characters. Glue them to paper or foam core. Once dry, cut out your characters. Use bits of modelling clay to allow them to stand up.
- Add rocks, flowers, houses, animals, vehicles or any other small toys for more creative play options.
- Pack up your kit and go!
Add New Comment
What Motherhood Has Taught Me About My Plus-Size Body
Teaching Kids How to Be Resilient
20 Easy Lunch Box Ideas
He Said, She Said: The Truth About Sex After Kids
Why White Parents Need to Talk to Their Kids About Racism