By Cheryl Sliz
Nov 22, 2013
Kids can join Bookaboo's band with this sweet and simple musical instrument craft.
You Will Need:
- Bookaboo cutout (see below)
- toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls
- wax paper
- rubber bands
- hole puncher
- tissue paper
1. Print a Bookaboo cut out and cut it out along the dotted lines (click to open the image, right-click to save and print).
2. Cut the tissue paper into small pieces, all kinds of shapes.
3. Brush the paper towel or toilet paper roll with glue (add a little water to the glue it if it's too thick). Place the tissue paper shapes on the tube. Layer them to create different colours.
4. Gently brush some glue on top of the tissue paper to keep the corners down.
You'll Also Love: DIY Instruments Made From Recycled Materials
5. Once the glue is dry and you are happy with your design, use the hole puncher to make several holes in the tube.
6. Glue Bookaboo to your kazoo tube.
7. Cut a 4" x 4" square of wax paper. Place the wax paper square over one end of the tube and fasten with an elastic band.
Now you're ready for a gig with Bookaboo! Hum into the kazoo and cover different holes to experiment with different pitches!
Add New Comment
One Kid Is Fine, Thanks
The Night My Daughter Told Me She Would Look Better With ‘Blonde’ Skin
6 Exercises To Get Your Best Bum
I Was Unhappy After Becoming a Dad and I Should Have Talked About it Sooner
Tech & Media
10 Beautiful Indigenous Children’s Books To Add To Your Library