Easy Musical Instrument Craft: Bookaboo Kazoo
By Cheryl Sliz
Nov 22, 2013
sensory play, musical skills, creativity
Kids can join Bookaboo's band with this sweet and simple musical instrument craft.
What kids learn:
Experimentation with sounds
Cause and effect
Shape and colour recognition
What you need:
Bookaboo cutout (click Bookaboo to open the image, right-click to save and print)
toilet paper rolls or paper towel rolls
- Brush the paper towel or toilet paper roll with glue, add a little water to it if it's too thick.
- Place the tissue paper shapes on the tube. Layer them to create different colours.
- Gently brush some glue on top of the tissue paper to keep the corners down.
- Once the glue is dry and you are happy with your design, use the hole puncher (adult to do this) to make holes in the tube.
- Cut out Bookaboo template and glue him to the tube.
- Cut 4" x 4" squares of wax paper.
- Place the wax paper square over one end of the tube and fasten with an elastic.
Now you are ready for a gig with Bookaboo. Hum into the kazoo and experiment with different pitches by covering the holes!