Fuse Bead Bike License Plates (Free Templates)
By Megan McChesney
Aug 1, 2014
What's better on a warm day than hopping on your bikes and taking a family bike ride? Get everybody ready for a super-family ride with some simple fuse-bead bike license plates.
What you need:
- fuse beads (also called Perler Beads or Hama Beads)
- peg board for fuse beads (at least 28 x 14)
- parchment paper
- bike license-plate template
- ribbon or wire
How to make your license plates:
Grown-ups should handle the ironing, but older kids can take care of the rest of their own. Younger kids can help with sorting the beads into colours, counting out the number needed and following the pattern.
1. Select one of our templates (below) and follow it to lay out your license plate. If it helps, print it out (right-click to save it your desktop for printing).
2. Cover your design with a piece of parchment paper and iron using a dry iron. Refer to your fuse bead instructions for the correct iron settings. You'll want to iron your license plate until the beads have melted slightly and fused together (about 15 seconds). Allow to cool and then repeat the same process on the other side (don't forget the parchment paper!). Allow to cool.
3. String wire or ribbon through bead holes to attach your bike plate.
4. You're done! Take a ride!
(you'll need the following beads: 114 fuschia, 139 pale yellow, 139 pale turquoise)
(you'll need the following beads: 174 red, 109 grey, 109 clear)
(you'll need the following beads: 94 light blue, 89 lime, 65 green, 65 dark blue, 63 yellow, 16 orange)
Add New Comment
Snacks & Treats
8 Nutritious Mason Jar Snack Cup Ideas
20-Minute Meals For Busy Weeknights
Music & Videos
What Do Kids Think Adults Do At Work?
6 Quick Breakfasts for Busy School Mornings
Snacks & Treats
3 Easy No-Bake Treats for School Lunches