Easy Craft for Kids: Paper Plate Cat in the Hat
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Mar 5, 2014
Kids love Dr. Seuss and The Cat in the Hat. This is a fun and easy craft for kids that you can proudly display in your home and keep for years to come.
What You'll Need
- white paper plate
- construction paper - red, white and black
- scissors (please supervise children if allowing them to cut)
- googly eyes
- black marker
How To Make It
1. Using your scissors, cut a large red hat out of a sheet of red construction paper. Take a sheet of white construction paper and cut it into 1-inch strips. Place the white strips on the hat cut them to fit the hat.
2. Glue the white strips of paper on the hat and then glue the hat to a white paper plate.
3. Grab another piece of red construction paper and cut a bow shape using your scissors. Glue this red bow to the bottom of the white paper plate.
4. Glue on two googly eyes. Grab a piece of black construction paper and cut out two ears and six whiskers. Glue these on your paper plate.
5. Finally, take a black marker and draw on a nose, mouth and some black fur around the outsides of the paper plate.
Here's one my six-year-old daughter made all by herself:
Have fun crafting with The Cat in the Hat!
Add New Comment
A Pox On Loot Bags: I’m Done with Party Favours
Tech & Media
17 Beautiful Indigenous Comic Books and Video Games For Kids
Why I’m Talking To My Eight-Year-Old Son About Smoking Pot
Tech & Media
Your Kids May Actually Think You Love Your Phone More Than Them
How To Start A Family Meal Plan