Easy Craft for Kids: Make Whyatt’s Mask and Why Writer
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Nov 27, 2013
If you have a little Super WHY! fan in your household, they are going to love this craft. Both of my kids absolutely love the show and I love how educational it is. They always love to role-play with the characters of the show, and my son's favourite character is Whyatt. Here's a fun craft I made for him: Whyatt's Super Mask and Why Writer. What You'll Need
- 1 piece of green craft foam
- 1 piece of red craft foam
- 1 piece of elastic cord to fit around your child's head
- scissors - please supervise children at all times with the scissors
Directions 1. With your pen, lightly trace a mask shape on your piece of green craft foam. Using your scissors, cut the mask shape out. Try to cut on the inside of the pen marks because the pen will rub off the craft foam. 2. Using your scissors, poke a small hole on each side of the mask. Grab your piece of elastic cord and thread and tie the cord through each hole.
3. Using your pen again, lightly trace a question mark shape on your red craft foam. Use your scissors, and cut out the question mark shape, cutting inside the pen line.
4. Finally, put the cap back on your pen and glue the red question mark to the pen. Allow to dry before playing.
This is a super simple craft and it just thrilled my little Super WHY! fan!