Easy Craft for Kids: Creative Snowman Playscapes
By Maureen MacMillan, Twig & Toadstool
Jan 21, 2014
Ahhh, winter. Sometimes on those cold cold days you need to motivate those indoor creative juices! Enter the snowman playscape: a fun craft that will inspire creative indoor play for your little ones. This is a great craft to do on one of those "too cold for outside" days, preferably done by the wood stove!
What You Need:
- a piece of cardboard, (cut out into your playscape shape)
- peg dolls
- acorn caps
- paint (white, green, black, whatever else you fancy)
- glitter (totally optional, but super fun)
- some twigs
- something to put a hole into your peg people (drill or hammer and nail)
1. To begin you will paint your cardboard "playscape" base...this can be cut whatever size or shape you wish. Paint it white.
2. While it's still wet, sprinkle the base with glitter (this is optional, but who doesn't like glitter??).
3. Make a hole in your peg doll for the arms to go through. Then, paint your peg doll white.
4. Paint on a face.
5. You will now glue on your twig arms and scarf and then glue on the "cap".
Looking good!6. Then set it all up and let your imagination fly!
We made a few snowmen and they are having quite the adventure in my home and are not complaining one bit about the elevated temperature indoors!
Add New Comment
One Kid Is Fine, Thanks
The Night My Daughter Told Me She Would Look Better With ‘Blonde’ Skin
6 Exercises To Get Your Best Bum
I Was Unhappy After Becoming a Dad and I Should Have Talked About it Sooner
Tech & Media
10 Beautiful Indigenous Children’s Books To Add To Your Library