Cute Craft for Kids: Doodlebops Peg Dolls
By Megan McChesney
Nov 13, 2013
Have a Doodlebops fan in your house? Make your very own Moe, Deedee and Rooney with just a few simple supplies.
What you need:
- rounded clothespegs (available at craft stores)
- craft paint
- embroidery floss and yarn
- felt or foam
- purple pencil crayon
- hot glue gun
- black sharpie (for eyes)
- To make Deedee: Add her eyes with the tip of your Sharpie. Cut out a wide arc of purple felt or foam to make her dress. Use a strip of white construction paper to make her keyboard trim, and layer it on top of a piece of pink felt or foam. Glue the keyboard, pink foam and purple felt together. Glue the dress onto Deedee's body. Add a bit of glue where you start and wrap her feet in pink floss to make boots. Secure the end of the floss with more glue.
- To make Moe: Give him eyes with the tip of your Sharpie. Securing the start of your floss with a dab of glue, wrap his body in yellow floss and his legs in red and yellow floss (yellow for his kneepads). Secure all ends with more glue. Cut a small gumdrop shape out of purple felt to make his vest. Just as you did for Rooney's hair, cut up small bits of purple, red and white yarn or floss. Apply a thin coat of glue and stuck the purple/white/red "shag" onto his vest. Glue the vest onto his upper body.
- To make Rooney: Add eyes with the tip of your Sharpie. Secure the start of your floss with some glue and wrap his torso and legs in blue. Secure the ends with more glue. Add a a couple of layers of turquoise floss at the top and bottom to make trim. Cut out two additional small pieces of turquoise floss to make the straps of his overalls.
And there you have it! Your Doodlebops are done and ready for play.