Costume DIY: Make Your Own Mr. Orlando Antlers
Oct 4, 2017
Little Mr. Orlando fans will love to play dress up with these antlers and printable badge.
- Bristol board (white)
- felt (white and brown)
- our free template
- hot glue
1. Print our free template (click to open in a new window) and cut out the antler.
2. Following just a bit outside of the lines, trace the antler shape onto white felt. Flip the antler template over and trace the other side (give a bit of extra space if your child's head is larger). Cut out the felt.
3. Following the lines of the template, trace the antler shape onto the white bristol board. Flip it again to trace the other side. Use the felt antlers as a guide to make sure the length matches up. Glue the bristol board antlers to the felt antlers.
4. Cut a 3-inch strip of bristol board that fits the circumference of your child's head (measure to make it easier!). Cover this strip with brown felt. Glue the ends together to make a ring.
5. If your antlers are floppy and you you need to reinforce them, use strips of cardboard. Hot glue them along the length of the antlers and up the ends.
6. Hot glue the brown ring to the felt-side of the antlers, right in the middle. Antlers are done!
7. Cut out the badge from the printed template. Glue it to a piece of leftover bristol board. You can now clip it to a shirt pocket to look extra official!
Add New Comment
I’m Not Here to Make Life Magical for my Children
I’m Not Ready to Stop Having Kids, But My Husband Is
Tech & Media
How to Avoid Those Weird, Inappropriate Videos on the YouTube Kids App
Keepsake Craft: Baking Soda Clay Handprint Ornaments
How This Dietitian Mom Gets Her Picky Kids to Eat