Cool Game for Kids: Monster Math Squad BINGO
By Cheryl Sliz
Mar 14, 2014
Bingo is a fun game for all ages to enjoy that's why we had to Monster-ize it!
What you need
- box (a shoe box will do)
- yellow paint
- paint tray
- big googly eyes
- craft knife
- orange foam sheet
- white foam sheet
- green felt
- downloadable Monster Math Squad BINGO cards and pieces (PDF)
How to Make a BINGO Box
1. On the top of the box, draw a half circle with rounded corners for the monster mouth. Using a craft knife, an adult should cut out the mouth.
2. Paint your box yellow.
3. Draw and cut six half-circle teeth from the white foam sheet.
4. Draw and cut two circles on the white foam sheet, larger than the googly eyes.
5. Draw and cut two circles on the green felt, larger than the googly eyes but smaller than the white circles.
6. Glue the white circles where you are placing the eyes, then the green circles on top and finally the eyes on the very top.
7. Free draw and cut out some eyebrows from the orange foam sheet and glue them above the eyes.
8. Turn the box top over and tape the teeth to the underside of the box.
Play the Game
1. Print out our Monster Math Squad BINGO cards (PDF) in colour. Be sure to print two copies of the first card (orange one) so that you have a calling sheet to keep track.
2. Using scissors cut one of calling cards into individual cards and place them into Max's mouth. Your little one will have fun feeding Max some cards!
3. The other copy is used for keeping track (for the BINGO caller).
4. Print out all six coloured copies of the BINGO cards and hand them out to players.
5. Begin! Your little one will love drawing a card from Max's mouth. You can have some fun here... ask him/her what's in the box, or have them guess which Monster it might be this time?
6. Kids can mark their matches on their cards with anything they like; a bingo dabber, coins or Monster googly eyes! Who will be the first to shout MONSTER?
What They Learn
Identify and match: Kids will locate the picture on their card.
Reading: Older kids will be able to read out the character names.
Pattern recognition: Kids will identify when they have a row and call out BINGO, or in this case, MONSTER!
When the game is over be sure to catch your favourite Monster Math Squad characters on the Kids' CBC TV for ME app (iOS only) or on kidscbc1.ca.
Add New Comment
The Night My Daughter Told Me She Would Look Better With ‘Blonde’ Skin
6 Exercises To Get Your Best Bum
I Was Unhappy After Becoming a Dad and I Should Have Talked About it Sooner
9 Things To Ask Siri That Your Kids Will Find Hilarious
Tech & Media
10 Beautiful Indigenous Children’s Books To Add To Your Library