Art Project for Kids: Toilet Roll Painted Snow Globes
By Gina Bell, East Coast Mommy
Jan 14, 2014
After the rush of the holidays, January can be a bit "blah", but this adorable craft is sure to brighten up a dreary winter day. With a few simple supplies, your little ones can create their very own toilet roll snow globes.
Here's what you'll need:
- black paint, white paint, and a paint brush
- an empty toilet roll
- scissors and glue
- blue card stock and something round to trace
- orange and black markers
- googly eyes
- a piece of yarn
- little buttons
- a cotton swab
1. Cut a toilet roll in half, and paint it black (inside and out). Set it aside, and allow it to dry completely.
2. Trace a round circle onto a piece of blue card stock, and cut it out. (I used a CD, but you can use whatever you have lying around the house.)
3. Paint a snowman onto the card stock, and allow it to dry completely.
4. Use markers, googly eyes, buttons, and yarn to decorate the snowman.
5. Using a cotton swab dipped in white paint, add "snow" to the picture.
6. Cut two slits (about half way down) in the sides of the toilet roll, and insert the snow globe picture.
That's it! Cute, right? I think the snowman is adorable, but you could use the same technique to create any winter scene for your snow globe. You could even incorporate photographs of the kids.
So... what are you waiting for? Whip up a batch of hot chocolate, gather some supplies, and enjoy a cozy afternoon of crafting.
Add New Comment
A Pox On Loot Bags: I’m Done with Party Favours
Tech & Media
17 Beautiful Indigenous Comic Books and Video Games For Kids
Why I’m Talking To My Eight-Year-Old Son About Smoking Pot
Tech & Media
Your Kids May Actually Think You Love Your Phone More Than Them
How To Start A Family Meal Plan