Art Project for Kids: Puffy Shaving Cream Snow Man Painting
By Cheryl Sliz
Jan 16, 2014
This sensory play activity is a fun one for snowy afternoons inside. Your kids will develop fine motor skills and develop their creativity. If they're old enough, they can work on their scissor skills too. And at the end, you'll wind up with a fluffy, puffy snowman!
What you need:
- blue construction paper
- orange construction paper or foam
- black felt
- small and large pom poms
- coffee stir sticks or twigs
- white glue
- paint brush
- shaving cream
1. Cut a hat out of the black felt.
2. Cut a nose out of the orange paper or foam.
3. Cut the stir sticks or twigs for the arms.
4. Mix 1 part shaving cream with 1 part glue.
5. Add glitter to the mix (or you can wait and sprinkle the glitter on top of the painted snowman).
6. With a paint brush, paint a snowman on the blue construction paper. If your little one likes to get messy, have them finger paint the snowman.
7. Place the hat, nose, arms and buttons on your snowman and let dry flat.
Your kids will be amazed at how puffy your snowman will get! He looks and feels like a marshmallow.
Add New Comment
Tech & Media
When Facebook Makes You Feel Like a Bad Parent
How My Son Is Holding Me Accountable for Being Kind
Tech & Media
10 Beautiful Indigenous Children’s Books To Add To Your Library
4-Minute Tabata Workout You Can Do At Home
How (And Why) My Family Is Happily Unscheduled