Art Project for Kids: Puffy Shaving Cream Snow Man Painting
By Cheryl Sliz
Jan 16, 2014
This sensory play activity is a fun one for snowy afternoons inside. Your kids will develop fine motor skills and develop their creativity. If they're old enough, they can work on their scissor skills too. And at the end, you'll wind up with a fluffy, puffy snowman!
What you need:
- blue construction paper
- orange construction paper or foam
- black felt
- small and large pom poms
- coffee stir sticks or twigs
- white glue
- paint brush
- shaving cream
1. Cut a hat out of the black felt.
2. Cut a nose out of the orange paper or foam.
3. Cut the stir sticks or twigs for the arms.
4. Mix 1 part shaving cream with 1 part glue.
5. Add glitter to the mix (or you can wait and sprinkle the glitter on top of the painted snowman).
6. With a paint brush, paint a snowman on the blue construction paper. If your little one likes to get messy, have them finger paint the snowman.
7. Place the hat, nose, arms and buttons on your snowman and let dry flat.
Your kids will be amazed at how puffy your snowman will get! He looks and feels like a marshmallow.
Add New Comment
The Statuses All Parents Wish They Could Post on Social Media
Giant Christmas Light Suncatchers
Kids & Media
Librarians Share 10 Amazing Lesser-Known Books for Kids
Acts of Kindness Advent Calendar
Games & Apps
9 Things To Ask Siri That Your Kids Will Find Hilarious