Snacks & Treats
Sweet Snack: Cinnamon Sugar Snowflakes
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Feb 18, 2015
This has been a long and cold winter. This easy and tasty treat will definitely help those frigid temperatures feel more tolerable. These cinnamon sugar snowflakes are not only fun to make with the kids, but they taste amazing too. And with only 4 ingredients, your kids will want to make them all winter long.
What You’ll Need
- 1 package of small white tortillas (8 per package)
- 3 tbsp of butter, melted
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
You'll also love: Easy Two-Ingredient Snowman Hot Chocolate
How To Make It
1. Take 1 tortilla and warm it in the microwave for 5–10 seconds so it will fold easily. Fold the round tortilla in half and then fold it in half again.
2. Using a clean pair of scissors, cut your tortilla like you would a paper snowflake.
3. Take your melted butter and a silicone brush, and brush 1 side of the tortilla with melted butter until lightly and evenly covered.
4. Mix your sugar and cinnamon together in a dish. Sprinkle your tortilla with a light even layer of cinnamon sugar.
5. Repeat this process for all 8 tortilla snowflakes.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place your snowflake tortillas on a greased baking pan (2 snowflakes per pan). Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until nice and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Add New Comment
How I Handle Being a Single Mother with Full Custody on Father’s Day
Dear Dad: A Printable Book For Father’s Day
Snacks & Treats
Cooking with Kids: Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
14 Mommy and Me — And Daddy and Me — Classes That Prove There’s More Variety Than Ever
Tech & Media
8 Children’s Books That Celebrate A Variety of Different Dads