Snacks & Treats
By Julie Van Rosendaal, Dinner With Julie
Mar 29, 2016
Roasting chickpeas is really easy. All you do is drain a can really well and pat them dry as best you can—moisture is what keeps anything from getting nice and crispy—then spread them out on the darkest baking sheet you own (it will conduct heat more efficiently than lighter ones), drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and any other spices you like.
Done well, they’re an addictive nibble.
You Will Need:
- 1 19 oz (540 mL) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained well
- canola oil, for cooking
- 2-3 tsp chili or curry powder (optional)
- coarse salt, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
2. Pour the chickpeas into a bowl and pat them with paper towel to absorb as much moisture as you can. Drizzle generously with oil (a couple tablespoons) and sprinkle with chilis powder and salt; toss to coat, then spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet, keeping them in a single layer.
3. Roast for 20-30 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice, until they’re nice and golden and crunchy. Serve right away—they won’t stay crunchy in storage.
Add New Comment
I’m Not Here to Make Life Magical for my Children
I’m Not Ready to Stop Having Kids, But My Husband Is
Tech & Media
How to Avoid Those Weird, Inappropriate Videos on the YouTube Kids App
Keepsake Craft: Baking Soda Clay Handprint Ornaments
How This Dietitian Mom Gets Her Picky Kids to Eat