Slow Cooker Vegan Curry Stew
Sep 29, 2017
This supper recipe is for those nights when you have to bus the kids all over town.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 3 cups sweet potato, chopped (approx. one large, peeled)
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion (white or yellow)
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, not drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) coconut milk (full fat for a creamier texture, light for calorie-wise)
- 1/4 cup quinoa (double up this portion if you prefer!)
- 1 tbs minced garlic (approx. 2 cloves)
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 2 tbs garam masala
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- measuring cups
- slow Cooker
- Pour all the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to mix.
- Set slow cooker on high and let cook for 4 hours. Alternatively, you can set your slow cooker to LOW and let it cook for a longer time, approximately 6-8 hours. It will be ready to serve when the sweet potato is softened and the curry sauce has thickened.
- Ladle into individual bowls and serve hot.
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
Don’t Be Afraid Of Robert Munsch’s ‘Love You Forever’
Tech & Media
21 of the Best Songs About Parenthood from the Last 20 Years
I’m Raising an Independent Child Who Refuses to Shower
Here’s What Your Kids Can Learn If You Let Them Use Power Tools
Snacks & Treats
10 Dietitian-Approved Camping Snacks To Keep Your Kids Fuelled And Satisfied