Slow Cooker Vegan Curry Stew
Sep 29, 2017
This supper recipe is for those nights when you have to bus the kids all over town.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
- 3 cups sweet potato, chopped (approx. one large, peeled)
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion (white or yellow)
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, not drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) coconut milk (full fat for a creamier texture, light for calorie-wise)
- 1/4 cup quinoa (double up this portion if you prefer!)
- 1 tbs minced garlic (approx. 2 cloves)
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 2 tbs garam masala
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- measuring cups
- slow Cooker
- Pour all the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to mix.
- Set slow cooker on high and let cook for 4 hours. Alternatively, you can set your slow cooker to LOW and let it cook for a longer time, approximately 6-8 hours. It will be ready to serve when the sweet potato is softened and the curry sauce has thickened.
- Ladle into individual bowls and serve hot.
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
What Motherhood Has Taught Me About My Plus-Size Body
Teaching Kids How to Be Resilient
20 Easy Lunch Box Ideas
He Said, She Said: The Truth About Sex After Kids
Why White Parents Need to Talk to Their Kids About Racism