Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Quinoa
Aug 31, 2017
With the help of a slow-cooker, this full-flavoured cajun chicken meal only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 19-oz can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow/orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup snap peas, halved
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed (substitute with tofu, beans or chickpeas for a vegan option)
- 3 tbsp cajun spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- garnish with parmesan cheese (optional)
- slow cooker
- measuring cups
- Combine all of the raw ingredients into your slow cooker, except the quinoa.
- Set your slow cooker on LOW for 6–8 hours, or HIGH for 3–4 hours.
- Add the quinoa and continue to cook for an additional hour.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked, along with everything else, turn off the heat and serve.
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
A Pox On Loot Bags: I’m Done with Party Favours
Tech & Media
17 Beautiful Indigenous Comic Books and Video Games For Kids
Why I’m Talking To My Eight-Year-Old Son About Smoking Pot
Tech & Media
Your Kids May Actually Think You Love Your Phone More Than Them
How To Start A Family Meal Plan