Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Quinoa
Aug 31, 2017
With the help of a slow-cooker, this full-flavoured cajun chicken meal only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 19-oz can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow/orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup snap peas, halved
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed (substitute with tofu, beans or chickpeas for a vegan option)
- 3 tbsp cajun spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- garnish with parmesan cheese (optional)
- slow cooker
- measuring cups
- Combine all of the raw ingredients into your slow cooker, except the quinoa.
- Set your slow cooker on LOW for 6–8 hours, or HIGH for 3–4 hours.
- Add the quinoa and continue to cook for an additional hour.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked, along with everything else, turn off the heat and serve.
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
I’ve Created A Parent Bucket List Of Things To Do With My Kid Before She Grows Up
Why This Indigenous Father Considers Pulling His Son’s Hair an Act of Severe Bullying
30 Fun And Inexpensive Things to Do with the Kids this Summer
How to Create a Fake Indoor Campfire
Water Bottle Wind Spirals