Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Quinoa
Aug 31, 2017
With the help of a slow-cooker, this full-flavoured cajun chicken meal only takes 10 minutes to prepare.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 19-oz can diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow/orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup snap peas, halved
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed (substitute with tofu, beans or chickpeas for a vegan option)
- 3 tbsp cajun spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- garnish with parmesan cheese (optional)
- slow cooker
- measuring cups
- Combine all of the raw ingredients into your slow cooker, except the quinoa.
- Set your slow cooker on LOW for 6–8 hours, or HIGH for 3–4 hours.
- Add the quinoa and continue to cook for an additional hour.
- Once the quinoa is fully cooked, along with everything else, turn off the heat and serve.
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
What Motherhood Has Taught Me About My Plus-Size Body
Teaching Kids How to Be Resilient
20 Easy Lunch Box Ideas
He Said, She Said: The Truth About Sex After Kids
Why White Parents Need to Talk to Their Kids About Racism