School Lunch Idea: Easy St. Patrick’s Day Bento
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Mar 4, 2015
St. Patrick’s day is March 17 and it’s a day my kids love to celebrate. They wear green outfits and accessories and love when I make them an extra special lunch. This healthy lunch is packed full of yummy foods that will be sure to make any kid feel lucky.
What You’ll Need
- 1 prepared sandwich with filling of choice (I had ham, cheese and lettuce)
- 1 sliced kiwi
- 2 slices of bell pepper in 4 colours: red, orange, yellow, green
- a couple baby spinach leaves
- small heart-shaped cutter
- a handful of shamrock sprinkles
- 3-compartment lunch box (I used EasyLunchboxes)
How To Make It
1. Place your prepared sandwich in the largest compartment of your lunch box.
2. Grab a baby spinach leaf and your small heart cutter and cut 3 small hearts from the spinach leaf. Cut off and save the stem too.
3. Arrange your 3 hearts and stem in a shamrock shape on top of your sandwich. The lunch box lid will help the shamrock stay in place while the lunch box is being transported.
4. In the next largest compartment, arrange your bell pepper slices in a rainbow: red, orange, yellow then green.
5. Finally, place your kiwi slices in the last compartment and sprinkle with green shamrock sprinkles.
From lucky shamrocks to colourful rainbows, this lunch is sure to make your little one feel like they found their pot of gold!