Proscuitto-Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes
Sep 14, 2017
These bite-size meatloaf cupcakes will satisfy the meat-lover in the house.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45+ minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (substitute for gluten-free breadcrumbs, if desired)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can of tomato paste, 8 oz
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (use a gluten-free variety if desired)
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- homemade or store-bought mashed potatoes (must be mashed or whipped enough to pipe through a 1/2" tip)
- cheddar cheese, green onion, crumbled bacon (optional)
- muffin tin
- mixing bowl
- piping bag
- measuring cups
- First, set your oven to 350°F. Prepare your mashed potatoes if needed, and set aside.
- Line muffin tin with slices of prosciutto. We used one slice per tin, folded over once.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine meatloaf mixture with your hands, using all of the remaining ingredients.
- Using a measuring cup, scoop a heaping 1/4 cup of the mixture into each prosciutto lined muffin tin. If you have leftover meat mixture, add more to each cup until it's all evenly dispersed.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the prosciutto is crispy on the outside and the meatloaf is cooked through.
- Using a piping bag filled with mashed potatoes, pipe the mashed potatoes on to the top of each meatloaf cupcake, resembling a cupcake frost. If you're short on time use an ice cream scoop!
- Serve once cool enough to handle. Or, you can put them back in the oven for another 5 minutes to crisp the tops of the mashed potatoes (this is a great time to add shredded cheese and bacon crumbles to the top!).
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
A Pox On Loot Bags: I’m Done with Party Favours
Tech & Media
17 Beautiful Indigenous Comic Books and Video Games For Kids
Why I’m Talking To My Eight-Year-Old Son About Smoking Pot
Tech & Media
Your Kids May Actually Think You Love Your Phone More Than Them
How To Start A Family Meal Plan