Proscuitto-Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf Cupcakes
Sep 14, 2017
These bite-size meatloaf cupcakes will satisfy the meat-lover in the house.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45+ minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (substitute for gluten-free breadcrumbs, if desired)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can of tomato paste, 8 oz
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (use a gluten-free variety if desired)
- 12 slices of prosciutto
- homemade or store-bought mashed potatoes (must be mashed or whipped enough to pipe through a 1/2" tip)
- cheddar cheese, green onion, crumbled bacon (optional)
- muffin tin
- mixing bowl
- piping bag
- measuring cups
- First, set your oven to 350°F. Prepare your mashed potatoes if needed, and set aside.
- Line muffin tin with slices of prosciutto. We used one slice per tin, folded over once.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine meatloaf mixture with your hands, using all of the remaining ingredients.
- Using a measuring cup, scoop a heaping 1/4 cup of the mixture into each prosciutto lined muffin tin. If you have leftover meat mixture, add more to each cup until it's all evenly dispersed.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, or until the prosciutto is crispy on the outside and the meatloaf is cooked through.
- Using a piping bag filled with mashed potatoes, pipe the mashed potatoes on to the top of each meatloaf cupcake, resembling a cupcake frost. If you're short on time use an ice cream scoop!
- Serve once cool enough to handle. Or, you can put them back in the oven for another 5 minutes to crisp the tops of the mashed potatoes (this is a great time to add shredded cheese and bacon crumbles to the top!).
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
No One Is The Aunt — Going To Family Camp With My Husband, His Ex-Wife And Our Kids
Snacks & Treats
10 Nutritious and Delicious Frozen Treats for Summer This Dietitian Mom Swears By
Here’s How it Feels to Get Hateful Online Comments About My Parenting
Why My Kids Have Patches on Their Clothes and What That’s Taught Our Family
Tech & Media
Librarians Recommend Their 15 Favourite Nonfiction Books for Kids