Easy Dinner: One-Pan Chicken Fajitas
Aug 17, 2017
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1.5 lbs of chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 of each - red, yellow, orange, green pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- medium size flour tortillas (or corn tortillas for a gluten-free option)
- non-stick cooking spray
- **optional: lime wedges, cilantro, sour cream, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, chopped avocado for garnish/toppings
- mixing bowl
- sheet pan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray (or you can use a non-stick pan, parchment paper or non-stick foil to save on dishes)
- Prepare your homemade fajita seasoning by combining your cumin, paprika, coriander, chili and salt and pepper, set aside.
- Chop all the peppers and onions length-wise to create long strips.
- Slice your chicken breasts into long strips as well, making sure they are all relatively same size so they cook evenly. Any pieces too thick/wide should be cut in half.
- Place all of the chopped peppers, onion, and chicken strips in a mixing bowl. Add in minced garlic, fajita seasoning, and drizzle olive oil over. Toss/mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture into the sheet pan to create an even layer for cooking.
- Cook for in the preheated oven, tossing once half way through for 20-25 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked throughout).
- Serve immediately in your tortillas, finishing off with whatever toppings you choose.
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
I’m Not Here to Make Life Magical for my Children
I’m Not Ready to Stop Having Kids, But My Husband Is
Tech & Media
How to Avoid Those Weird, Inappropriate Videos on the YouTube Kids App
Keepsake Craft: Baking Soda Clay Handprint Ornaments
How This Dietitian Mom Gets Her Picky Kids to Eat