Easy Dinner: One-Pan Chicken Fajitas
Aug 17, 2017
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1.5 lbs of chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 of each - red, yellow, orange, green pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- medium size flour tortillas (or corn tortillas for a gluten-free option)
- non-stick cooking spray
- **optional: lime wedges, cilantro, sour cream, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, chopped avocado for garnish/toppings
- mixing bowl
- sheet pan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray (or you can use a non-stick pan, parchment paper or non-stick foil to save on dishes)
- Prepare your homemade fajita seasoning by combining your cumin, paprika, coriander, chili and salt and pepper, set aside.
- Chop all the peppers and onions length-wise to create long strips.
- Slice your chicken breasts into long strips as well, making sure they are all relatively same size so they cook evenly. Any pieces too thick/wide should be cut in half.
- Place all of the chopped peppers, onion, and chicken strips in a mixing bowl. Add in minced garlic, fajita seasoning, and drizzle olive oil over. Toss/mix until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture into the sheet pan to create an even layer for cooking.
- Cook for in the preheated oven, tossing once half way through for 20-25 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked throughout).
- Serve immediately in your tortillas, finishing off with whatever toppings you choose.
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
A Pox On Loot Bags: I’m Done with Party Favours
Tech & Media
17 Beautiful Indigenous Comic Books and Video Games For Kids
Why I’m Talking To My Eight-Year-Old Son About Smoking Pot
Tech & Media
Your Kids May Actually Think You Love Your Phone More Than Them
How To Start A Family Meal Plan