By Maureen Macmillan, Twig And Toadstool
Feb 4, 2016
With Chinese New Year quickly approaching, we thought we'd whip up some monkey sandwiches to honour and celebrate the Year of the Monkey!
I'm sure you have some little monkeys of your own who will appreciate this fun and tasty treat.
You Will Need:
- pumpernickel and light rye bread
- chocolate hazelnut spread, cream cheese, peanut butter or jam
- 2 round cookie cutters—one large and small
1. Use your cookie cutters to cut one round from your pumpernickel bread and one round from your light rye bread.
2. Your monkey face should look like this! You can attach the "mouth" part with anything you'd like: jam, cream cheese, peanut butter or chocolate hazelnut spread.
3. Spread your spread all over the bottom slice of bread if you desire, or leave it as is.
4. Slice up your banana: use two slices for eyes and slice one in half for ears. Use raisins for pupils and nostrils and a piece of crust for the mouth. Add spinach leaves and serve to your delighted little folk (if you're like me, you may also enjoy one yourself!).
Happy Chinese New Year to you all!
Add New Comment
No One Is The Aunt — Going To Family Camp With My Husband, His Ex-Wife And Our Kids
Snacks & Treats
10 Nutritious and Delicious Frozen Treats for Summer This Dietitian Mom Swears By
Here’s How it Feels to Get Hateful Online Comments About My Parenting
Why My Kids Have Patches on Their Clothes and What That’s Taught Our Family
Tech & Media
Librarians Recommend Their 15 Favourite Nonfiction Books for Kids