Snacks & Treats
Mini Caprese Boats: Moblees Recipe
By CK Colapinto
Photography by Jill Dubien
Brought to you by The Moblees
Feb 17, 2015
Bocconcini is an Italian cheese, similar to mozzarella. It pairs beautifully with tomato and olive oil to create these fresh little boats that are as fun to make as they are to eat.
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 5 cocktail-size bocconcini balls
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large basil leaves, chopped fine
1. Cut cherry tomatoes in half, remove seeds and hollow out the inside.
2. Cut bocconcini balls into quarters.
3. Toss bocconcini with olive oil, salt and basil.
4. Fill each tomato with two pieces of the cut bocconcini.
Makes approximately 10 servings
Estimated nutrition information per serving (approximately 2 pieces):
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 85 mg
Total Carbohydrate 1 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 3 g
Add New Comment
Sensory Play: Mermaid Ice Excavation
5 Fun and Easy Ways to Play with Water
12 Ways to Turn a Bag of Ice into the Best Toy Ever
Printable Summer Scavenger Hunt for the Senses
Why You Should Just Put a Bunch of Stuff Outside and Let Your Kids Play With It