Snacks & Treats
Mini Caprese Boats: Moblees Recipe
By CK Colapinto
Photography by Jill Dubien
Brought to you by The Moblees
Feb 17, 2015
Bocconcini is an Italian cheese, similar to mozzarella. It pairs beautifully with tomato and olive oil to create these fresh little boats that are as fun to make as they are to eat.
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 5 cocktail-size bocconcini balls
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 large basil leaves, chopped fine
1. Cut cherry tomatoes in half, remove seeds and hollow out the inside.
2. Cut bocconcini balls into quarters.
3. Toss bocconcini with olive oil, salt and basil.
4. Fill each tomato with two pieces of the cut bocconcini.
Makes approximately 10 servings
Estimated nutrition information per serving (approximately 2 pieces):
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1.5 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 85 mg
Total Carbohydrate 1 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 3 g
Add New Comment
Travel Ideas: Best Canadian Destinations for Families
10 Easy Eco Switches To Help Save the Earth
What To Know Before Enrolling Your Child in French Immersion
Embracing ‘Kiddo’: Talking To Kids About Gender
9 Things To Ask Siri That Your Kids Will Find Hilarious