Snacks & Treats
Make a Veggie Turkey for Snack
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Sep 17, 2014
Thanksgiving is in just a couple short weeks and it’s one of my most favourite times of the year. I love the beautiful, crisp Fall air, the gorgeous colours of the Fall leaves, and I love my Thanksgiving turkey dinner! This cute little veggie turkey snack would be a great appetizer for Thanksgiving dinner, or just a great anytime snack for kids. You won’t believe how easy it is to make either!
What You’ll Need
- sliced bell peppers in red, green, orange and yellow
- 1 round cup of ranch veggie dip
- 1 baby carrot
- 2 capers
- 1 extra slice of red bell pepper
- a kitchen knife (please supervise children if allowing them to slice)
How To Make It
1. Place your container of ranch veggie dip in the bottom centre of your plate to make your turkey's head.
2. Using your knife, slice 1 triangle beak and 2 legs out of your carrot. Place them on the turkey. Use 2 capers for the eyes and slice a gobble-thingy out of your red pepper and place it on the turkey.
3. Arrange your slices of bell pepper around the container of veggie dip to look like turkey feathers.
Can you believe how easy that was?! And just look how cute (and yummy!) this little fella is...
Add New Comment
The Statuses All Parents Wish They Could Post on Social Media
Giant Christmas Light Suncatchers
Kids & Media
Librarians Share 10 Amazing Lesser-Known Books for Kids
Acts of Kindness Advent Calendar
Games & Apps
9 Things To Ask Siri That Your Kids Will Find Hilarious