Snacks & Treats
Hot Chocolate Dipping Spoons
By Jill Dubien, Meet The Dubiens
Feb 16, 2016
The weather outside is frightful, but hot chocolate is so delightful!
Nothing warms my kiddos up on a cold winter’s day like a delicious mug of warm hot chocolate. And what makes hot chocolate even better? Dipping spoons!
They're so easy to make, your kids will want to join in on the fun.
You Will Need:
- plastic spoons
- white melting chocolate
- milk melting chocolate
- decorations or toppings of your choice: sprinkles, crushed candy canes, butterscotch chips, rainbow chocolate chips—the possibilities are endless!
1. Kids can do this step with adult supervision. Heat melting chocolate (in separate bowls) in the microwave in 30 second increments—stirring in between—until melted.
2. Dip the end of your plastic spoon in the melted chocolate. Lift up and let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
3. Place your chocolate-coated spoon on a piece of wax paper. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle toppings of your choice onto the spoon. Repeat this process for all of your spoons.
Once finished, pop the spoons and wax paper into the freezer for 20-30 minutes or until chocolate is hardened.
You'll Also Love: Make-Your-Own Hot Chocolate Station
4. Serve these tasty and fun spoons with a mug of hot chocolate for an extra special treat that your kids are sure to enjoy on a cold winter day. Enjoy!
Add New Comment
How do you move on after losing two children?
I Don’t Think Children Should Play With Toy Guns
My Kid Is Growing Up And It’s Bumming Me Out
Keepsake Craft: Baking Soda Clay Handprint Ornaments
I’m an Ugly Mother