Snacks & Treats
Healthy Slow Cooker Granola
Jun 15, 2017
Forget using the oven for this healthy granola recipe!
Servings: 12 x 1/2 cup servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 hours
- 4 cups rolled oats (we used large flake oats, use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 1/4 cup of chopped almonds, pecans, whole pepitas (or nuts/seeds of choice)
- 1/4 cup flax, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup dried fruit, chopped (cranberries, pears, plums, apples, apricot were used)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Slow cooker
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place oats, flax, salt, nuts/seeds and cinnamon in slow cooker and mix to combine.
- Pour in coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract then stir until the dry mixture is coated with the wet mixture.
- Turn the slow cooker on HIGH and let cook for 3 hours. Leave the lid slightly off if your slow cooker does not have a steam-escape vent.
- Every 30 minutes give the granola a good mix. This will prevent the oats and nuts from burning.
- When the nuts are roasted and the oats are crisp, turn off the slow cooker and let cool. Stir in your chopped dried fruit.
- Store in air tight containers (we used mason jars).
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
What Motherhood Has Taught Me About My Plus-Size Body
Teaching Kids How to Be Resilient
20 Easy Lunch Box Ideas
He Said, She Said: The Truth About Sex After Kids
Why White Parents Need to Talk to Their Kids About Racism