Snacks & Treats
Healthy Slow Cooker Granola
Jun 15, 2017
Forget using the oven for this healthy granola recipe!
Servings: 12 x 1/2 cup servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 hours
- 4 cups rolled oats (we used large flake oats, use gluten-free if needed)
- 1 1/4 cup of chopped almonds, pecans, whole pepitas (or nuts/seeds of choice)
- 1/4 cup flax, ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup dried fruit, chopped (cranberries, pears, plums, apples, apricot were used)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Slow cooker
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place oats, flax, salt, nuts/seeds and cinnamon in slow cooker and mix to combine.
- Pour in coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract then stir until the dry mixture is coated with the wet mixture.
- Turn the slow cooker on HIGH and let cook for 3 hours. Leave the lid slightly off if your slow cooker does not have a steam-escape vent.
- Every 30 minutes give the granola a good mix. This will prevent the oats and nuts from burning.
- When the nuts are roasted and the oats are crisp, turn off the slow cooker and let cool. Stir in your chopped dried fruit.
- Store in air tight containers (we used mason jars).
For more Forkly recipes, check out their YouTube page.
Add New Comment
The Night My Daughter Told Me She Would Look Better With ‘Blonde’ Skin
6 Exercises To Get Your Best Bum
I Was Unhappy After Becoming a Dad and I Should Have Talked About it Sooner
9 Things To Ask Siri That Your Kids Will Find Hilarious
Tech & Media
10 Beautiful Indigenous Children’s Books To Add To Your Library