Snacks & Treats
Hard-Boiled Egg Chicks And Bunnies
By Jill Dubien, Meet The Dubiens
Mar 22, 2016
Easter is fast approaching! One of our favourite family Easter traditions is dyeing Easter eggs with the kids. But what do you do with those eggs afterwards? Make fun food!
These hard-boiled chicks and bunnies will make an eggscellent addition to your Easter weekend.
You Will Need:
- eggs (you'll need one egg to make two chicks and two eggs to make one bunny)
- black sesame seeds
- baby carrots
- fresh rosemary, chives or parsley stems
Hard boil your eggs. Decorate your eggs. When you are done, peel the shells away from the eggs.
To Make The Chicks:
1. Slice one hard-boiled egg in half. Slice a little bit of white off the bottom of each half so they sit firmly on the plate without rolling.
2. Decorate each egg half with two black sesame seeds for the eyes, a piece of baby carrot cut into a triangle for the beak and two rosemary sprigs for head feathers.
You'll Also Love: Cute School Lunch: Baby Chicks And Nests
To Make The Bunny:
1. Slice one egg in half lengthwise. One half will be the bunny’s body. Place on a plate.
Slice the other half in half again. These will become the ears.
Take another egg and cut it in half horizontally. One half will be the head. Use the remaining half to make two feet and a bunny tail.
If the egg pieces are rolling around on the plate, slice a small bit of white off the back so they stay firmly on the plate.
Decorate the bunny with two black sesame seeds for the eyes, a slice of baby carrot cut into a triangle for the nose, and six rosemary sprigs for the whiskers.
I decorated the plate with a sliced baby carrot and rosemary sprig carrot.
These adorable chicks and bunny are a great way to use up your decorated Easter eggs. They are easy to make and will be sure to put a smile on your little ones' faces.
Enjoy and Happy Easter!
Add New Comment
One Kid Is Fine, Thanks
The Night My Daughter Told Me She Would Look Better With ‘Blonde’ Skin
6 Exercises To Get Your Best Bum
I Was Unhappy After Becoming a Dad and I Should Have Talked About it Sooner
Tech & Media
10 Beautiful Indigenous Children’s Books To Add To Your Library